/

Monday 9 February 2015

Easy Sewing - Creating a cushion using a sewing kit.

It seems every other person I know has re-discovered the needle and thread or removed the dust cover from their sewing machine, and I am no exception. Have you been hooked by the Great British Sewing Bee?  But feel you are lacking the confidence or the skills. Then a sewing project kit is a good place to start.


Benefits of creating a Sewing Project using a Kit


  • ·      Gives you your sewing confidence backs.
  • ·      Fabric pieces already measured and cut out.
  • ·      Majority of materials will be included.
  • ·      Assembly instructions with easy to follow diagrams.  
My Caroline Alice patchwork cushion sewing project
Included : fabric pieces, needle, full instructions including diagrams. Not included pins, thread and a needle.
I followed the simple instructions and used a sewing machine, but you could easily sew by hand.
Stage 1 Pin and sew the separate patchwork squares in rows of three.
Stage 2 Pin and sew the three rows of patchwork together to form the front of the cushion
Stage 3 Pin and sew the two rear panels of fabric to the front
Stage 4 Insert you cushion through the overlapping fabric to create a pretty no zip patchwork cushion.
Ta-dah! All finished and just waiting for a cushion. You have to agree the liberty print on this fabric is rather gorgeous and what a vibrant colour  This kit has given me the confidence and template to now create my own cushions measuring and cutting out my own fabric.
Todays posts is a guest post is from the lovely Angela from gardenteacakesandme.co.uk here is a little about Angela and her blog -
 "I'm Angela and I blog at Garden, Tea, Cakes and Me. Sharing my love of baking and favourite recipes, gardening, sewing and an insight into living in the county of Shropshire. I am keen to share great days and out and places to visit, particularly those with a heritage slant to them.”
So please do pop over and say Hello to Angela too. 
xXx

1 comment:

  1. I owuld love ot be this creative, my daughter has this week came up with a new addiction of knitting so watching her i can see the relaxing side ofthis x

    ReplyDelete